Looking for an embroidery machine? It can get confusing. There are several major top quality manufacturers, and all of them produce some good machines. In this Best Embroidery Machine Reviews article, we’ll look at the companies and their top products. Read up and use our information to find the right embroidery machine for your individual needs. Here’s our list of top brands:
Brother Sewing Machine Company started out as Yasui Sewing Machine Co. in Nagoya, Japan. It was Yasui until it opened its western sales affiliate, Brother International Cooperation, in the US that it adopted the name Brother. Brother embroidery machines are not only powerful but also, are some of the most popular embroidery machines in use today. With a brother embroidery machine, a collection of over 70 in-built stitches and functions are at your disposal. Furthermore, you can access pre-programmed embroidery designs that will aid you in producing high-quality patterns even as a beginner.
These machines come in different varieties and performance levels to cater to different customer needs. For example, Brother PE770 is a perfect machine for those who only need embroidery. The PE770 is a dedicated embroider and doesn’t handle general applications or quilting, but is perfect for accurate embroidery designs. It’s a mid-price unit and the PE770 produces clear embroidery patterns that are second to none. It boasts of 6 inbuilt monogram fonts and more than 136 decorative patterns.
Singer Sewing Machine Company was started in 1851, and ever since, it has been a market leader in the industry. Their products are very popular in home embroidery because of their easy-to-use features. Singer offers a wide range of embroidery machines with different capabilities. Their most notable embroidery machines are the Singer 9960 Quantum Stylist and the Singer 7258 Stylist. These two are technologically advanced machines boosting of auto thread exchangers, auto winding bobbin systems and automated threading systems – all designed to make your embroidery experience flawless.
The 9660 and the 7258 have a user-friendly LCD screen that clearly displays designs. Also, you have a wide array of Singer monogram machine models to choose from. Not only does each machine have a cache of fonts and floral designs to choose from users can also combine designs for optimum customizations. With about 22 needle positions, Singer embroidery machines users can sew designs that require angular sewing.
Singer machines are considered as the best sewing and embroidery machine because of their versatility – They not only allow you to sew garments but also, enable making alterations and design creation. With proven technology in embroidery, singer embroidery machines deliver both value and quality to users worldwide.
In 1920, Ysaku Ose started the Janome sewing machine company and pioneered the use of round bobbin. In addition to the high-quality machines that this company makes, their machines come with tutorials and videos to assist you in using the machines. This is particularly important for first-time users. Janome embroidery machines have a scan and sew feature that transfers designs from a computer to the machine. The designs can be saved and retrieved at a later date.
Also, Janome embroidery machines are really fast. With a stitch rate of about 1000 stitches per min, they can really enthrall you as you watch your pattern take shape on the garment.
Janome embroidery machines come with large, movable screens with pixels that can rival the latest laptop models in the market. Some models in the Memory craft range have additional features in the screens that cater to enable professionals to edit out designs before sewing.
Most functions on Janome sewing machines are auto, and you only need to intervene when introducing a thread of a new color. It is also important to note that Janome embroidery machines come in different models to cater to varying needs of their customers.
Types of Embroidery Machines?
- The Free-motion sewing machine embroidery – This is a type of embroidery where an embroider uses the normal zigzag tailoring machine. The embroider then manually moves the fabric and the hoop to create a design.
- Computerized machine embroidery – computerized embroidery machine involves the use of a special computer-controlled embroidery machine. The machine holds the fabric statically in a hoop before automatically sewing a pre-programmed pattern.
Best Embroidery Machine Reviews
Brother PE770 Embroidery machine makes embroidery easier for you with a slew of features.
- Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine has an expansive 5inch×7inch field with black lit LCD screen which gives you options for editing before stitching.
- It contains 136 built-in embroidery designs and six lettering fonts which include beautiful scrollwork, florals and quilt patterns; plus ten frame shapes and 12 border styles.
- This machine gives you an option of importing your designs from USB by installed USB port and buy your memory card by already installed memory slot.
- This machine allows you to do extensive design editing by rotating, mirror image, increasing and decreasing the size of your designs and help you see the edited designs on easy-view black lit LCD display.
- It also contains an auto thread cutter.
Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine will take your embroidery to a higher level. This machine is very effective for the designers who want to add their designs on bags, home décor, and jackets. This machine is quite versatile and easy to use. It reaches a speed of 650 stitches per minute and an exceptional sewing speed of 850 stitches per minute.
- It has a large area for integrating designs without rehooping.
- It has built-in memory that stores designs for the future use.
- It has numerous design editing options to make sure you produce spectacular creation.
- It is easy to use.
- Some users report difficulty when tightening the bobbin.
- Reported instances of jamming.
Brother PE770 embroidery machine has been rated 4.4 out of 5 due to its spectacular features. It will give you an upper hand in embroidery.
Products from Amazon.com
Brother LB6800PRW Project Runway Computerized Embroidery and Sewing Machine
This machine can turn out to be the best option for the one who wishes to enjoy sewing and embroidery from one machine.
- Brother LB6800PRW contains 67 sewing stitches and also has 4”×4” embroidery area.
- The machine has backlit touch screen LCD display with built-in tutorials which are present right on the screen which makes the use of machine easier.
- It has 70 built-in embroidery designs which include holiday, floral and kid-friendly designs.
- The machine includes embroidery hoops, seven sewing feet, USB cable, designer rolling bag, bobbin thread and soft cover.
Brother LB6800PRW is nearly perfect, and it gives you the best of both the worlds. With just one machine, you can sew and tackle those fun embroidery projects you have been putting off. This machine is recommended for all those who are interested in sewing and embroidery.
Pros and Cons of the Machine
Nothing in this world comes without disadvantage, but clearly, there are more pros of this machine than its cons.
- Embroidery and sewing functionally.
- Numerous stitches and designs.
- Computer connectivity for more designs.
- Rolling bag included.
- Some of the users have experienced tension issues, but again that varies from personal experience.
Products from Amazon.com
Brother PE525 Embroidery Machine
This machine has become quite popular among the embroidery community due to its ease of use and outstanding features. This machine is best when it comes to monogramming. This electromechanical device produces a better quality product with better designs lower price.
- Brother PE525 has 4 inches x 4 inches area for embroidery.
- The machine has an easy to view back-lit, touch screen display (LCD) and it helps the user in accessing as many as 70 inbuilt embroidery designs.
- The device can be connected to a computer via a USB port, and thousands of designs can be imported from your computer.
- Besides, there is an availability of a user manual in two different languages, limited warranty, and there is a provision under which the customer can avail free technical support from the experts.
There is a great demand for electronic embroidery machines as they are fast, efficient and can deliver a variety of attractive designs at affordable price. Here is when Brother PE525 comes into the picture all of the basic features required are provided by this machine at an affordable price.
Pros and Cons of the Machine
- High-quality output.
- High efficiency and fast
- Lots of features at a low price
- Computer connectivity for importing designs
- Embroidery only. It does not sew.
- Sme beginning users find it complex.
BENEFITS OF EMBROIDERY MACHINES
The art form of embroidery has been practiced for many years and not only involves a tremendous amount of skill with needles but also creativity. Manual embroidery was taught to girls to show their creative spirit. In the old times, this whole idea of embroidery used to rotate around manual ways of doing embroidery. The creative skills are still given importance, but the center has shifted from manual embroidery to mechanical embroidery.
There are various advantages of using machine embroidery over manual embroidery. Machine embroidery is considered to be the best. It saves a lot of backbreaking work and perhaps, sore fingers. These machines are cost effective when considering the thought of “time is equal to money.” These machines save a lot of time.
It becomes so much easier to deal with machine embroidery as it includes computerized mechanism it just requires the data to be loaded into the computer and all the other programmes are taken care of which on another hand also saves labor cost for the company.
Going back to the manual embroidery it was an art form, and like all arts created by humans, occasionally with the time, the hand shakes and a stitch is missed. But that is not the problem with machine embroidery.
Considering all the benefits associated with machine embroidery, as opposed to manual ways of embroidery, we have concluded that the machine embroidery is very cost effective. The only thing to consider is that one should consider the time spent on hand embroidery, and the finished rendered product is perfect.